Don't just take classes; grow your career while you earn your degree!
Boots2Roots is a career development opportunity designed to enable veterans to prepare for careers in agriculture and food systems by earning undergraduate degrees in agriculture and related sciences. In addition to earning their bachelor of science degrees, Boots2Roots students enjoy a variety of career support services:
- Service learning opportunities at farms, ranches and food systems sites in Texas, including our own Texas State University Sustainable Farm
- Student-designed research opportunities with dedicated faculty
- Opportunities for research and industry conference attendance
Additionally, female and/or Hispanic-identified students are eligible for:
- $3500 in paid internships with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and with regional agriculture and food systems companies
- Paid opportunities for conference attendance
This project is funded by the USDA NIFA Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Education Grants Program project 2015-38422-24072.
Our collaboration involves faculty members from the Texas State University Department of Agriculture, Department of Occupational, Workforce, and Leadership Studies, and Department of Geography.